We hope that you you managed to take some creative rest and that you're ready for autumn's challenges. We are, as always.
This is what we have been doing, chronologically:
- We were part of the organizational team of Mangelos 2014. award (Young Visual Artists Award in Serbia) together with Independent artistic association REMONT and had a lot of activities to prepare for this and for next year too. Most of it wasn't so visible, but here are the actions that were...
- About and around curating #28 was focused towards the Mangelos award itself as means to support the contemporary art in Serbia, from it's very start till nowadays (guests Branislav Dimitrijević and Maja Ćirić, Belgrade Youth center).
- About and around curating #29 was dedicated to Dimitrije Bašičević (and) Mangelos (guests Jerko Denegri and Ivana Bašičević-Antić, Legat Čolaković).
- Afterwards, we had Boba Mirjana Stojadinović as a guest and used the opportunity to talk about her project Artist as audience (Umetnik kao publika) in Kraljevića Marka 8 gallery space, About and around curating #30.
- We had a lecture for art history students at Novi Sad's Academy of art, by call from docent Dr Dijana Metlić.
- As members of CIN (Cultural Innovators Network, Goethe Institut network in the Mediterranean) we were in Berlin.
- We had a cooperation with Visual artists association Tač.ka (Prijedor, B&H) in preparing and organizing 7th Ars Kozara art in nature laboratory.
- About and around curating #31 was dedicated to this year's Ars Kozara: art in nature laboratory in The museum of contemporary art of Republika Srpska in Banja Luka (MSURS).
- Also, the project of digitalization and documentation of Belgrade youth Center's gallery is in progress (in Serbian)...
After almost two years of work, as co-organizers, we are announcing an art festival in Algiers, as part of biennial DJART.
Afterwards, we will take part in conference in Kaunas (Lithuania) and a short edition of our academic course for students of Department of Art management of Kaunas faculty of Humanities, by call from Prof. Dr Raminta Pučėtaitė.
And yes - new challenges are on the way :)
Andrej and Srđan